Lord, May We Encourage Them

Lord, May We Encourage Them



[What to read before] - 1 Thessalonians 5:8-11; Exodus 4:1-17; James 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Nothing is greater than when we get that one text on a rough day. We read it and it just makes our day. Sometimes this text may be from a parent, spouse, boyfriend, friend, or just a brother or sister in Christ. No matter who it's from or what it says exactly, encouraging messages are always something that will make anyone smile. 

Encouragement is one of the best ways to share God's love, no matter what way, shape, or form it's in. You know what is even better? It's kingdom work! In 1 Thessalonians 5, Paul tells us to do exactly that, "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (vs 11.) 

You may be sitting here reading this thinking to yourself, "Hey Abby, this is great and all but I'm just not good with words. This is not my calling!" I completely understand and sympathize with you on a whole other level. I have never been one that's a "smooth talker". If you ask my friends, they'll tell you I usually can't go through one sentence without stumbling all over my words and then saying something that clearly does not make any sense. However, as I've gotten older - lol, I'm only 18. - I've come to realize that the Lord still uses you, even when your gift is not speaking. 

Exodus 4 is a PERFECT example of this. It says, "But Moses said to the Lord, 'Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue." Y'all, even Moses had a problem with speaking. But guess what, the Lord still used him!!

One way I love encouraging others is through social media. In today's society, most everyone has some form of social media: Instagram, snapchat, twitter, facebook, etc. Instead of just posting selfies and my feelings all day long, I found it to be awesome to post my personal devotions. Another way is whenever I post a picture, I allow my caption to point others to Christ. Even if someone is not a believer they can still read the scripture you post and get something out of it. He speaks to people in all kinds of ways!

I challenge y'all this week to reach out to someone and encourage them. Whether it's on social media, a text, a letter (old-fashioned but still very cool), or even a phone call. There's so many times where we just find ourselves thinking badly about others in our mind or even talking about them negatively to others. Instead of using your tongue for evil, use it to glorify the Lord, James 3:5! You'll never know how He'll bless you. 

If you do please let me know! You can comment down below and let me know. Also, if anyone has any prayer requests, comment those down below, James 5:16. God bless you all, and have a wonderful week. Lord, may we encourage them!

Comments

  1. Great, Great reminder about what should coming out of our mouths, not biting criticism nor judgement but encouragement. Our enemy is prowling around scheming and seeking who he can discourage, and he's skilled at it. We should be even more skilled at building each other up with conversations seasoned by Grace and encouragement to others fueled by love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts