Grace Through a Savior


[What to read before] - Isaiah 41:1-10; Psalm 145:1-2; Romans 3:20-24

Hey guys I'm back! Sorry for the missing blog last Monday. I was home last weekend and did not get a chance to sit down and write. Thank you for patience and support on my blog so far! I'm so so thankful for the Lord giving me this opportunity. I could probably cry thinking about it - but that could also be because I'm pretty tired while writing this.

I'm tired but full. Full on the Spirit and straight up joy. Haha, now I am crying! Joy is something that I've prayed about for the longest time. It's one of those every single morning and every single night prayers! Sometimes we just don't realize how blessed we really are. It floors me how awesome God is and how far He has brought me.

I hope you're reading this thinking about how incredibly faithful He is. If not, I want you to take some time before we get any further and just reflect on how blessed you are. Sit and think about how far the Lord has brought you! Even if it's just something small, thank Him for it! Bless His name and take a few moments to pray.

Now that you have, praise Him! Praise Him because we are so blessed. I'm going to Haiti in a couple of weeks. One of the things I've been praying about is that God would just prepare my hearts and the the heart everyone else who is going. I'm so excited to see how God is going to work through us and use us for His kingdom work. (super random but keep us in your prayers!)

There have been countless times in my life where I've just sat there in self pity and thought that my life at that moment could not get any worse. Yet, I reflect on where I'm at today and I'm thinking that life could not get any better. He fought for me when I had no strength left. (Exodus 14:14)

There were times where I was so fearful for what was next. Especially when it came to college. I had no clue what I wanted to do - I'm on my 4th major change haha! You may have faced moments in life where you were confused where life was taking you; that may be you now. But guess what: He gives us strength in our weakest moments. He's biggest when we're at our smallest. When we have nothing left that's when we find Him. He was just waiting there for us and still is for those who have not experienced salvation!

This blog may seem all over the place but I believe He is going to use it for His glory! I just feel compelled to remind us that He is there. He is and always has been there. We're so quick to forget what all He's done. We've been shown grace and love that we are so undeserving of.

When was the last time you just sat there and though about what He's done for you? Was it just a few moments ago? When was the last time you just weeped over the grace you've been shown?  I don't know if you've realized it or not but we are wicked and wretched people who do not deserve anything but death. Thankfully, we were created by a God who loves enough to want a relationship with us even though we are the way we are. We have been shown grace through the death of a Savior on a cross. (Romans 3:24) Grace that we definitely do not deserve. But that's the beauty of the redemption given to us by Christ, which we always need a reminder of. 

I ask that as we come to a close, that you would take the rest of the day to continually reflect on the grace of God. Reflect on the mercy you've been shown. (Titus 3:5) Take this time now to find somewhere quiet - even if it's the bathroom where you work. Find somewhere quiet and just pray to God with a thankful heart. Here are some great scriptures to pray back to Him: Psalm 145:3; Psalm 35:28; Psalm 25)! 

Thank you for reading. I absolutely love every single one of you and am thankful for you taking time out of our day to read the words the Lord has given me.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" 1 Peter 1:3

Comments

Popular Posts