Resting in His Promises

Resting in His Promises


[What to read before (or during)] - Psalm 23; Genesis 2:2-3; Matthew 11:28-30

It has been a while since I have written a blog. I'm just going to be honest with you friends. It wasn't because I was doing something else and was just so busy. Besides going to Haiti a couple weeks ago, nothing really eventful has happened. (Oh yeah, besides our Savior's death and resurrection haha!) It has just been a tiring last couple of weeks. I find myself at the end of the day highly stressed and straight up exhausted.

Recently it has gotten a lot better and I find myself tired but joyful when the day is over. This isn't because I have discovered the cure for exhaustion - because let's be honest: even sleep just does not cut it sometimes. I have found rest in His promises.

To me, this is something that is so important as believers in Christ. We're faced with trials every day that can completely drain us. But we can find rest in Him knowing that He has gone ahead and won the fight. Before we get into all that amazing wonderful goodness, let's make sure we know what rest truly is.

Rest isn't just sleeping or laying down when we feel tired. Google defines rest as staying in a specified position. And do you know what that specified position is? Yes you guessed it, it's firm in the faith that we have in Christ.

When life throws us major life changes or a crisis comes up, we don't have to be tossed around. Because of the faith we have in Christ we can stand firm in knowing that His will is greater than ours. We can sleep easy knowing that we do not have to worry about the next day. Exodus 33:14 is a perfect example of this: And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” 

His presence will go with us, with you. Doesn't that just already give you instant peace. Because ladies and gentleman, if He is for us then who can be against us? I mean really, the Creator of the Universe lives in us. Like, why do we even worry?

I challenge you today or tonight whenever you read this to just stop and give thanks for His awesome presence. Give thanks for the rest that we have in Him and if you're struggling with that, pray about it! The next time you sleep, try and rest in His promises. Read Psalm 23 and rest in that. Rest in knowing that He leads us beside still waters. Rest in knowing that the Lord is your shepherd.

Comments

Popular Posts